Applications are OPEN now until December 28, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. Apply here.
- Individual will serve a two (2) year staggered term.
- This application is for the 2023-2024 term.
Prerequisites for serving:
- Must be a primary SABOR member in good standing.
- Candidate must have served on either the SABOR Government Affairs Committee or the TREPAC Committee.
- Should not be serving on the Executive Committee as a SABOR Officer simultaneously.
- $110 Club level investor for past two years prior to application including the year of nomination and maintain a minimum $500 investment per year as a Trustee.
- Must be a registered voter.
- A graduate, or a commitment to be a graduate, of the Texas REALTORS® Spokesperson Training Program.
- Fundraising and advocacy knowledge and experience.
- Ability to plan, implement and follow through on fundraising and administrative plans.
Duties and requirements:
- Attend all meetings of Texas REALTORS® and TREPAC Trustees, whether called or regularly scheduled,
and provide an update to the SABOR BOD. These meetings include:
- Texas REALTORS® Winter Meeting (4 days) in February (mandatory)
- New Trustee Orientation and Spokesperson Training and TREPAC Trustee Meeting (Austin)
- During Legislative years: Trustee Meeting and REALTOR® Day at the Capitol (mandatory)
- June TREPAC Trustee meeting (mandatory)
- Texas REALTORS® Conference (4 days) in September – Trustee meeting (mandatory)
- TREPAC/Government Affairs Orientation and Trustee Meeting in Austin (mandatory)
- Optional: NAR Annual Conference (November) – highly recommended but at your own expense
- Attend local TREPAC events.
- Stay informed of Texas REALTORS® and NAR legislative issues.
- Promote a positive image of the democratic process and have the ability to be non-partisan and open-minded regarding Texas REALTORS® issues and affairs.
- Encourage political involvement and attend political functions within your district to become acquainted personally with candidates and officeholders.
- Research information on candidates within your jurisdiction to ascertain the feeling of the associations regarding candidates and officeholders including participating in the candidate interview process.
- Communicate with local associations, leadership, PIC, RVP’s and Texas REALTORS® staff.
- Educate members on the value of their investment through education, communication and participation.
- Develop rapport with the leadership and members of not only the association of responsibility, but with surrounding associations.