The City of San Antonio has more than a dozen vacant seats on its public boards and commissions and city officials are encouraging residents to apply. This is a great opportunity to get more SABOR member representation in these groups.
Below are some of the boards with openings. Some are at-large positions (approved by City Council vote) and some are appointed by Council members. Please help us spread the word and consider applying if interested.
- Airport Advisory Commission
- Building-Related and Fire Codes Appeals and Advisory Board
- Citizen Advisory Action Board
- City Commission on Veterans Affairs
- Disability Access Advisory Committee
- Ethics Review Board
- Historic and Design Review Commission
- Parks and Recreation Board
- San Antonio Arts Commission
- San Antonio Public Library Board of Trustees
- Small Business Advocacy Committee
- Westside Development Corporation
- Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Zoning Commission
If you’re interested in applying the application and a full list and description of the 85 boards can be found here.