REALTORS® engaged in 10 total primary runoff and special election races on the July 14, 2020 ballot for seats in Congress and the Texas Legislature.
Official results, especially in close races, are still unconfirmed as counties continue to process mail-in ballots.
- NAR and RPAC supported two federal candidates with one win and one loss.
- Texas REALTORS® and TREPAC took positions in eight state legislative races. In those eight state races, three candidates won and will be on the November ballot for their respective parties, four lost, and one is likely heading to a runoff.
Rundown of races
Here’s a rundown of the results for those primary runoff races as of 8 a.m. CDT on July 16, with REALTOR®-supported candidates in bold:
- U.S. Congress
- CD 13 (R): Ronny Jackson defeated Josh Winegarner.
- CD 17 (R): Pete Sessions won over Renee Swann.
- Texas Senate
- Senate District 27 (D): Eddie Lucio, Jr. (incumbent) defeated Sara Stapleton Barrera.
- Texas House
- House District 2 (R): Bryan Slaton won over incumbent Dan Flynn.
- House District 59 (R): Shelby Slawson defeated incumbent J.D. Sheffield.
- House District 60 (R): Glenn Rogers won over Jon Francis.
- House District 100 (D): Jasmine Crockett defeated incumbent Lorraine Birabil.
- House District 142 (D): Harold Dutton, Jr. (incumbent) won over Jerry Davis.
- House District 148 (D): Penny Shaw defeated incumbent Anna Eastman.