Close to 3,000 Texas REALTORS® converged in Austin on March 26 to advocate for private-property rights and the real estate industry during REALTOR® Day at the Texas Capitol.
A few numbers from the day …
- Meetings were scheduled with all 181 lawmakers
- All 16 Texas REALTORS® regions were represented
- 56 local associations brought members to the Capitol
- The REALTOR® Day website had more than 16,000 pageviews this week
- … and Burt’s BBQ served 90 briskets and 300+ pounds of sausage for lunch!
Every meeting was an opportunity for REALTORS® to educate lawmakers on our legislative priorities, such as property tax and school finance reform, ending forced municipal annexation, and supporting disaster relief and response.
Check out the #RealtorDay hashtag on Twitter to see hundreds of posts from the day, including several from lawmakers themselves sharing how much they appreciate visiting with REALTORS® from their districts.
Texas REALTORS® were also honored with resolutions in the Senate and House, officially recognizing March 26, 2019 as REALTOR® Day at the Texas Capitol and congratulating the association on our upcoming 100-year anniversary in 2020.
Use the links below to watch footage of the resolutions being read in both chambers—you’ll see lawmakers lining up to recognize their REALTOR® constituents in attendance!
- Click here to watch the Senate resolution honoring REALTOR® Day
- Click here to watch the House resolution honoring REALTOR® Day
This grassroots event organized every legislative session is the cornerstone of Texas REALTORS® advocacy … and your participation helps protect private-property rights and the Texas real estate industry.