Applications are now open for the 2019 class of the Texas REALTORS® Leadership Program (TRLP). *DEADLINE EXTENDED* Applications are due by November 8, 2018. Click here to apply.
Here’s what you’ll need for the application:
- Description of your primary occupation and duties
- Information about your education, experience, college level and beyond including the name of the school(s), location, field of study, years attended and degrees awarded
- Description of your volunteer, civic, community and worship-related activities during the past five years, noting any special awards and citations. Include specific examples of your leadership experience
- Description of any other accomplishments, skills, and awards you consider significant
- Your definition of three critical issues facing the real estate industry from the perspective of your profession, your personal life and American society as a whole
- Why you want to be selected
- What you consider to be your major qualifications for the program
- What you hope to gain from participating in the program
- What leadership skill enhancement you are seeking from the program
You will also need to submit two letters of recommendation, a current headshot, and a brief bio.
The tuition fee is $500, and if you are interested in being considered for the Kessler-Hale TRLP Scholarship, you may indicate your interest at the end of the application.
Please note that if chosen, you will need to be available on the following dates in 2019:
February 15 – Meet & Greet from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at San Antonio Board of REALTORS® main office
March 1-2 – Overnight retreat
September 25 – Legislative session – travel as a group to Austin by chartered bus
November 15 – Graduation
Questions? Email email@example.com.
About the Program
TRLP consists of eight, day-long modules, usually presented one module per month to a class of future REALTOR® leaders over an eight-month time frame. Modules cover diverse topics such as Communication, Governance, Meeting Planning, Creating Influence, Overcoming Obstacles to Leadership, Spokesperson Training and so much more. However, the real value of the program is in developing quality leaders for the REALTOR® organization at all levels.
You will emerge from the program armed with powerful bonds with your fellow program members that are long-lasting and you will be challenged to learn more about yourself and how to harness your potential to lead and inspire others. Even if you do not think you are leadership material, this program will open your eyes to skills you didn’t know you had and instill in you a determination to take on new challenges. Participation in TRLP is also an excellent way to prepare for future leadership positions at SABOR as well as TAR and NAR.
Each graduate from the program has emerged a better leader and a passionate advocate for the impact the program has had on their confidence and ability to be a strong leader.