Have you considered serving at the state level on behalf of SABOR? Nominations to SABOR for consideration for serving on the Board of Directors at the Texas Association of REALTORS® are now open.
This is a great opportunity to get involved at a higher level in the real estate industry and give of your time, talents and expertise. Applications are due by September 1, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. and interviews will be conducted on September 6.
Duties of a TAR Director include:
- Attending the Winter Meeting (February) and Annual Convention (September), and following each meeting providing a written report to the Board of Directors
- Attending the TAR Governance and Board of Directors Meetings and the Regional Caucus
Some of the responsibilities of TAR Directors include:
- Amending the association’s bylaws
- Electing officers
- Approving expenditures from general reserves that exceed 10% of the annual budget
- Approving the association’s strategic plan
- Approving an increase in membership dues
- Defining regional boundaries
Service is a one year term beginning in January. Candidates will be interviewed and nominated by the State and National Nominating Committee and nominations will then be ratified by the SABOR Board of Directors.
As a prerequisite, applicants must hold primary SABOR membership. In addition, candidates must have one of the following: completed two (2) years on a SABOR Committee OR be a current or past member of the SABOR Board of Directors.
If you meet the qualifications for the position for which you apply, you will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be conducted on September 6.